Community Manager, EU Region
ETC Labs is committed to developing a vibrant blockchain ecosystem. We do this by supporting core development projects, and innovators and their enterprises. The Labs manages the decentralized core development team for ETC. Our priorities include increasing adoption by building high-quality tools and features, maintaining interoperability with Ethereum, and focusing on the positive social impact of blockchain.
ETC Labs is hiring a Community Manager to help the ecosystem and ETC Labs to promote adoption, education and growth in the European Union (EU) region. She/he will be responsible for managing efforts to engage a vibrant, diverse, and cohesive community supportive of the core values of ETC/ETH communities and the ETC Labs Accelerate and Core Development. This includes engaging with current community members, and significantly increasing the number of new community members among stakeholders, including developers, innovators, enthusiasts, entrepreneurs, and investors. She/he will communicate ETC Labs messages and foster greater cooperation, dialogue, and collaboration among stakeholders and organizations.
Specifically, the Community Manager will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Expand ETC Labs network of community members, partners, and supporters.
- Develop and own schedule of communications across multiple platforms including social networks (such as community forums, blogs, Twitter, Youtube, Telegram), email, and internal communications.
- Independently own one or more developer community programs, including responsibility for program growth and success
- Represent ETC Labs in public and private gatherings, and in online and offline forums, events, conference, and publications.
- Help recruit developers for the core development team through outreach and introductions.
- Help recruit projects to be considered for residency in ETC Labs.
- Measure the performance and success of community efforts to increase engagement and reach.
- Plan and implement relevant campaigns, events, conferences, and meetups. Actively measuring results of campaigns and quickly iterating on strategy and tactics to optimize the growth of our community in the EU region.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in community engagement, and/or marketing and promotion in blockchain, especially DeFi and Decentralized Storage is a huge plus
- Good knowledge of best practices for multi-channel community outreach.
- Strong background in blockchain, computer science, and engineering, B.A or equivalent qualifications.
- In-depth knowledge of Ethereum and Ethereum Classic and its community .
- Previous experience in blockchain/crypto sector and startup experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A team player who thrives in a dynamic startup and remote work environment.
- Authorized to work in the European Union region
The ETC Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity. We value, celebrate, and encourage diversity.
ETC Core Development Team
Ethereum Classic Core Team is expanding its team of protocol-level developers. We invite you to join us to help achieve our mission to realize the full potential of a truly public and immutable blockchain. We would like to collaborate with developers interested in addressing fundamental challenges in blockchain. This includes contributing to projects that address scalability, interoperability between ETH and ETC, a virtual machine, and a platform to enable developers to build dApps. Developers also have the opportunity to collaborate with ETC Labs, an affiliated start up incubator.
The ETC Labs Core is a long-term research and development effort based in San Francisco, California.
- Knowledge of Golang, Rust, Solidity, C+, and virtual machines
- Familiarity with protocol-level blockchain development
- Experience with the Go-Ethereum Client, open-sourced projects, cryptography, decentralized systems, etc
- Ability to work on long-term projects with a decentralized team
- Inspired by complex problem solving
The ETC Labs Core is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity. We value, celebrate, and encourage diversity.